Sunday, July 3, 2011

Is There a Need to Enhance Images with cs4 Photoshop?

As of the moment, I have taken photography more seriously. I’m slowly learning the different tips on how to enhance my photography skills and how to capture images more beautifully in the right way. So far, I have learned that it is all about your camera settings such as the ISO, the shutter speed and the aperture. I have been reading numerous online tips and watching online tutorials to teach myself the different tricks. So far, I have been happy with the results. For me, the pictures I have captured are beautiful enough that they won’t need any form of enhancement. I always believed that the perfect picture doesn’t require much editing. But as I was watching online cs4 photoshop tutorials, I wanted to try it out with the images I just took. It turns out, cs4 photoshop is a tool that can both destroy and magically transform a picture into something more than words can explain. I’ve been amazed with this tool. At times it is easy to use but there are times you won’t miss your dose of frustrations. Some effects are fairly easy to accomplish as long as you know the basics.

For me, cs4 photoshop is a fun and an amazingly powerful tool. There are numerous ways you can get around with photoshop cs4 and if you are doing photography, this will be your best friend. While I was practicing editing or enhancing the pictures I took, I found that some pictures looked more alive than the original one.

Here are some of the edits I made:

Before:

After: In this image I used the Gaussian Blur Effect to give the image more texture and softness.



Before:

After: Here I just softened the image a bit and erased the stick near the model's face.


Before:


After: In this image, I wanted to particularly focus the model's face alone making everything else blurry.


Before:


After: In this image, I wanted to bring out the subject a bit by stripping away the darkness.


After:


After: In this image, I added some lighting effects so that it would look like that the light coming from the lamp illuminated the subjects.


Before:


After: In this image, I wanted to brighten up the model's face.



These are just some samples of the images I enhanced. My next goal is to post more images based on my concepts.

4 comments:

  1. Nice works Jessie. Can I edit also through cs4 Photoshop with my pictures taken by an ordinary digital camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey janice.. thanks for the comment. Yes you can edit your pictures in CS4 photoshop even if they are taken from an ordinary digital camera. I've read that a point-and-shoot camera also has settings that you can adjust to allow you to get good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow jess, your doing great ha? professional najud ug dating.hehe. Anyway I don't know how to use Photoshop -yaw saba- ahaha!! love it jess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe,,, thanks cha... lisod ang photoshop at first oi... maka sungo... but i learned a lot from online tutorials....

    ReplyDelete